The Custom Format allows you to tailor your export. We've created this feature to enable you to adjust the data to be compatible with every accounting system without having to manually amend your file after exporting. You can find all data points that can be used in Pleo on the bottom of this page.
Selecting the custom format
- Click on your name in the bottom left and select Settings
- Select Accounting
- Select Create your own format from the available options
Setting up the format
- Setup a Contra account number. We recommend customers to create a new account in the chart of accounts. Just as you would for a bank account.
- Choose a bank account for your Pleo Pocket expenses. This will be the transition account to which the expenses are accounted against until they have been reimbursed.
- Choose a Pocket reimbursement account. This will typically be the account from which you send the reimbursement.
- Last but not least if your accounting system allows tax codes to be imported, you may add these as well. (For example, Sage utilizes tax codes such as T0, T1 and T9).
Format your File
Now it's time to select your desired file format. Here you have the option to choose either .csv or .xlsx files and further preferences around the file as shown below.
Choose data points
Next step is to create your file. You'll see the columns created as rows, where you should name the columns in line with the column heading and respective data preferences of your accounting systems accepted import format.
You may change data and amount formats by clicking the three little dots next to the data source. Here, you also have the ability to drag and drop different columns into different sequences. Below is an example of how data would appear.
If you need a value in one of the columns, choose "Static value" from the data source and then click the three little dots to add the value. This is how you can ie. write the bank account name in your accounting system for each expense!
By clicking the blue "Download a file preview" link on the bottom of the page, a preview of the file will be generated so that you may verify the format before exporting your expenses
Export your data
When you are satisfied with the preview of your file, Export and review your expenses from the Export tab on the main menu.
Name of Datapoint
Pleo creates a receipt number for each expense and the picture of the receipt will be named after that
Date when transaction gets settled
Date when transaction is made
Pleo account number in the accounting system
Merchant country code
Code that can be added in the Employee’s settings in People -page
Category name that employees choose when purchasing with Pleo
Nominal code from the accounting system, connected to the category name
Note that employee leaves
Tax code from the accounting system
“OK”, “Needs more details” OR “Not Okay” - all can be chosen by the admins or the reviewers
Note if reviewer has chosen “Needs More details” or “Not Okay”
URL which allows you to click and download receipt if logged into Pleo as an admin
Amount after deductions like taxes
Amount before taxes
Can be created in the People > Teams -page
Code can be added to each team
You can bring in tag iD like a project ID that you have in your accounting system
Tag name, that users can select like a project name
Choose a value for each transaction, like the type of transaction