As an admin or bookkeeper you can split expenses into multiple line items across your tax rates and account numbers.
How to split an expense
- Head to Export
- Open the details of an expense and hover your cursor over the area of the category and tax rate
- You should then see a Split option appearing. Click on it to split the chosen transaction.
- Export to see the resulting split of the expense in your accounting system.
Good to know
- Splitting an expense you'll be presented with a top line and an empty second line
- The top line represents the original expense in terms of amount, category and tax rate chosen
- The category and tax rate of the second and any additional lines will mimic whatever the top line shows on the time of new line creation
- Inputting an amount in any new line will automatically draw from the amount in the top line
- The top line amount can't be edited
- If you delete a line we will add back the amount of this line to the top line amount
- Deleting the entire split puts the expense back to it's original state
- If anyone else in the company changes the category of a split expense, this will change the category of the top line.
- On export the expense will be split up in multiple lines all with the same receipt number and additional data. Only amount, category/account number and tax (amount, code, rate depending on format) will vary depending on your changes made.
The following exports support splitting expenses