As an admin or bookkeeper you can split expenses into multiple line items across your tax rates and account numbers.
Here's a gif showing an example of how to split an expense:
To use this:
- Head to the Manage Expense view via the regular Expense view. It’s the blue button on top of the page.
- Open the details of an expense and hover your cursor over the area of the category and tax rate
- You should then see a ‘Split’ option appearing. Click this and split the expense as it makes sense to you.
- Export to see the resulting split of the expense in your accounting system.
The feature follows this pattern:
- Splitting an expense you'll be presented with a top line and an empty second line
- The top line represents the original expense in terms of amount, category and tax rate chosen
- The category and tax rate of the second and any additional lines will mimic whatever the top line shows on the time of new line creation
- Inputting an amount in any new line will automatically draw from the amount in the top line
- The top line amount can't be edited
- If you delete a line we will add back the amount of this line to the top line amount
- Deleting the entire split puts the expense back to it's original stat3
- If anyone else in the company changes the category of a split expense in e.g. the mobile or regular expense view, this will change the category of the top line. Anywhere else than in the Manage Expense view only the top line is appearing as the expense.
- On export the expense will be split up in multiple lines all with the same receipt number and additional data. Only amount, category/account number and tax (amount, code, rate depending on format) will be varied depending on your changes made.
- The following integrations supports split: