You can apply VAT in Pleo by creating a tax code and attaching it to a specific category.
Finding your tax codes
- Click on your profile image in the lower left hand corner and select Settings
- From the menu option, select Accounting
- Choose your accounting system
- In the tax code table, add all the standard VAT rates.
- Head to the Categories tab and assign a tax code to each category
If you are using an accounting integration
- You will not have the tax table above (except for Swedish accounting systems)
- Simply select the Categories tab under the Accounting menu
- Assign a category and the tax rules will be set by your accounting system
Once the VAT rate is added to a category, all expenses with that category will have that VAT code attached. You can always amend each expense individually in the export stage if needed.