In this guide we will walk you through the set-up and management of the Quickbooks integration with Pleo. You will learn how to create the Pleo Account in Quickbooks.
For those of you who prefer a video, please take a look at the below video. Otherwise we have written the instructions underneath.
- Go to Settings and choose Quickbooks from the drop down menu.
2. Go to Categories
- You can customise your set of categories so they fit your company spending. The main categories are fixed, but you can add as many subcategories as you wish. Depending how you have set up the chart of accounts in Quickbooks, you can add the accounts on the right side of the categories. More about categories here.
3. Exporting expenses from Pleo
- Go to Expenses and click on the blue button on the top right corner.
- To export, just choose the dates you want to export and click the blue "Export" button from the top right corner.
- Now because you have connected Quickbooks in Pleo, just click "Accounting System". This will download a folder including a compatible .csv file to Quickbooks, Excel file and a folder with all the receipts.
Now let's move to Quickbooks
4. Set up Pleo bank account to Quickbooks (One time set up)
- Create a new bank account in your Quickbooks Account. This account will be used for Pleo expenses only. (Go to Settings -> Chart of Accounts -> New (Top right corner).
- Choose Account type to be "Cash at bank and in hand", for Detail type "Current" and Name to be "Pleo Bank". Save and close.
5. Import transactions from Pleo to Quickbooks
- Go to Banking and click "Upload transactions (Add manually)"
- Select "Pleo Bank" account from the drop down menu
- Now map Amount to "Column 2: Amount" from the drop down menu
- Add a suitable account number to each expense (the VAT code will be allocated automatically).
7. Attach receipts in Quickbooks
- Go over the list of expenses and check for the same reference number in your downloaded folder from Pleo and attach each receipt.
8. Reconcile expenses
- Select the expenses that are ready to be reconciled. Then press Batch actions -> Accept selected.
About account transfers in Quickbooks
- When you top up your wallet, simply do a normal bank transfer between your normal business bank account and Pleo Bank Account in Quickbooks.