What is the difference between the Sage50 format you can find from Pleo and Custom Format?
With our Sage50 format, you cannot include tags in the export, however, this can be done with our custom format, while also creating a template that is compatible with Sage50.
Sage50 however, cannot understand the custom formats negative values, meaning an additional column will need to be created to separate the positive and negative values in the Sage50.
In Sage50 these are:
BP = expense, negative value
BR = refund, positive value
Our Sage50 format in Pleo does this automatically, but unfortunately our custom format does not understand this, so if you choose to go with custom format - every time you export, you would need to double check if there are refunds and then manually change the type from BP to be BR on those refunds and change it to be a positive value in the export file.
How to set up Custom format for Sage50
These instructions are more of an example that might not work for all versions of Sage50. If you have any questions, please contact our firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on your profile image in the lower left hand corner and select Settings
- From the menu option, select Accounting
- Choose Custom Format as your accounting system
- Set up categories
- Set up Tags (Cost centres)
- Make sure you have set up the settings like below
- Create the columns for your export file. Click "New" below the Columns.
- Create each column using the image below as a reference
In Custom Format, you can also use Teams and the department code as another data point. You just need to choose Project ID and the data source to be "Team code". The team code is always fixed for each user.
If employees always need to choose the tag, then we recommend using the Tags in Pleo and choosing "tag name - ID" as a data source. Read more about Tags from here!
7. Change the rest of the format settings so you won't get any errors when importing
- Create the “BP” value to the Type Column Choose Static value Click the 3 dots on the green box Write BP
2. Change the date format
1. Choose Settled date
2. Click the 3 dots on the green box
3. Choose dd/mm/yyyy
3. Make sure the number format is with 1000.00 and not 1000,00 with Net Amount and Tax Amount.
Read through this article to see how to import transactions to Sage50.