In Sweden we have decided to partner up with the largest bookkeeping software, Fortnox. In order to connect your Pleo account with Fortnox, simply follow these steps.
Connect Fortnox and Pleo 🔄
- Choose Fortnox under "Settings - Accounting"
- Follow the steps to get your API integration code in Fortnox and copy in into Pleo. You can find the code in Fortnox as below:
- Copy the code in Pleo and press "connect". Your Pleo account should now be connected to Fortnox!
How to setup the integration
Once connected, you can set up the accounts that fit your system.
- First box is the verification series: This will be a letter, which will be the prefix every verification. Many customers choose to create a new verification series and use the letter P for Pleo, but you can also use any other fitting letter. Remember to set this up as "Manuell kontering" in Fortnox.
- Second step is to setup a Contra account number. We recommend customers to create a new account in the chart of accounts, using a number 194* for Pleo. Just as you would for a bank account.
- Third step is to chose ingoing VAT account for normal expenses, usually 2641.
- Does it not appear in Pleo? Make sure you add the new verification series and contra account number to the current year. You should also make sure the correct year is selected as the current year in in Fortnox. If you want to ensure this, go to Settings in Fortnox and click on "Räkenskapsår". The current year should be Selected and marked as "Förvalt".
How to setup your Tax accounts
- In the tax code table, add all the standard VAT rates (0%, 6%, 12%, 25%). The Standard codes only let you edit the name and rate.
- If you need to, you can create a tax code for reverse VAT. Just create a new code and choose "Reverse" under type. Then you can choose the right rate and accounts (ingoing and outgoing)
How to setup your categories
- Head to "Settings - Categories"
- You will be greeted by 9 main categories set by Mastercard, these are not editable
- Under each category you can create as many sub-categories as you would like, see example below.
- Pro tip: make the names of the sub-categories as logical and simple as possible so your users know what to chose.
How to setup Cost centers and projects
- To add Cost centers (Kostnadsställe) and projects, head to https://app.pleo.io/settings/tags.
- Create tag group in the top right corner called Projekt or Kostnadsställe
- Click on import in the top tight and choose "Fortnox Dimension"
- Select the right dimension from your list in Fortnox
- Done - all your users will be able to choose these tags while doing expenses
How to export to Fortnox
- Choose "Export" on the left menu
- Administrate all the expenses
- Add the transactions you want to export to the export queue
- Go to the export queue and click export
- All chosen transactions will be transferred over to Fortnox
How the purchase looks in Fortnox
When you go to bookkeeping and chose the verification series that you create with Pleo, you will find a list of all the expenses made with Pleo.
Upon clicking on an expense you will see the following data. In the top boxes, you will have
- the description (Merchant - User - Receipt number)
- the chosen verification series, in this case "P - Pleo"
- the bookkeeping date
- The cost center or "kostnadsställe"
- The project code
- The receipt attached to the right