The SIE file is a standardized import file for Swedish bookkeeping systems.
Step 1: setup the SIE file in Pleo
- Go to "Settings"
- Choose SIE
You will be greeted with a list of settings that need to be filled in order to import to the bookkeeping system:
- First one is the verification series: This will be a letter, which will be the prefix every verification. Many customers choose to use the letter P for Pleo, but you can also use any other fitting letter.
- Second step is to setup a Contra account number. We recommend customers to create a new account in the chart of accounts, using a number 194* for Pleo.
- Third step is to chose ingoing VAT account for normal expenses, usually 2641 or 2640
- Fourth step is to cross in the box "List expenses as debit"
- Last step on this page is setting up tax codes. When setting up these VAT codes, there are 4 standard Swedish percentages to include (0, 6, 12 and 25%) and potentially a reverse VAT code to create.
See below for optimal settings:
Step 2: Set up categories with bookkeeping accounts and VAT percentages
- Head to "Settings - Categories"
- You will be greeted by 9 main categories set by Mastercard, these are not editable
- Under each category you can create as many sub-categories as you would like, see example below.
- Pro tip: make the names of the sub-categories as logical and simple as possible so your users know what to chose.
Step 3: Import into Swedish bookkeeping systems
The process is an export/import into all the Swedish bookkeeping systems.
How the purchase looks in Fortnox
When you go to bookkeeping and chose the verification series that you create with Pleo, you will find a list of all the expenses made with Pleo.
Upon clicking on an expense you will see the following data. In the top boxes, you will have
- the description (Merchant - User - Receipt number)
- the chosen verification series, in this case "P - Pleo"
- the bookkeeping date
- The cost center or "kostnadsställe" (if set up properly, see below)
- The project code ((if set up properly, see below)
Step 4: Add Kostnadsställe and Projekt to your bookkeeping
To add Cost centers (Kostnadsställe) and projects, head to https://app.pleo.io/settings/tags.
Start by creating a tag group named either:
- SIE Projekt (columns should be "Namn" and "Projektnr")
- SIE Kostnadsställe (columns should be "Namn" and "Kod")
Next step is to import an excel file containing the name and code which you can find in your bookkeeping system (either under the project module or the cost centers).
When you have imported, you will be greeted by the column mapping pop-up. In tag label, choose the name. In tag ID, choose the code.
When imported, your sheet should look like below. The name will be visible to users. The grey code will only be visible to admins and exported to the right place in Fortnox.
On the expense, both you and the users will be able to chose the right cost center.
The cost center will be exported to Fortnox and other accounting systems as follows: