Pleo now supports another level of spending allocation tracking with our advanced Tags feature. Tags has replaced Projects in Pleo.
If you are looking for a better way of organising and tracking your company spending, Tags offers a clear view of your expenses. By assigning an expense to a specific tag, you will be able to view and sort your expenses when running reports.
Admins can create tags in the Tags menu.
Here's how it works:
- Go to Tags and hit Create tag group.
- From here you can create a list from scratch in Pleo and populate it either by writing the tags one by one in the cells of the list, by copying and pasting a list from a column in a spreadsheet or by importing columns from a spreadsheet.
- If you have set up an integration with Xero or e-conomic, you have the additional option of importing a list of tags from a tracking category (Xero) or the departments module (e-conomic), respectively.
Importing and re-importing from a spreadsheet
When importing from a spreadsheet (.csv or .xlsx) you get the option of mapping one or two columns to the tag label that your Pleo users will see. If you work with ID’s or codes and do not want these to be visible for your Pleo users on expense level, map a column to the Tag ID.
If you would like to update the now created list of tags you can either do it manually or by re-importing new tags from a spreadsheet. In that case we will then:
- Add new tags if they are added in the spreadsheet
- Archive the tags that has been removed from the spreadsheet compared to the tags in the tag group
- Edit a tag in Pleo if a tag consists of multiple columns and the tag is edited in one of the columns in the spreadsheet
When you re-import, make sure the columns in the spreadsheet are named as they were the first time you imported, and make sure there’s always a column with unique information in each cell, otherwise the re-import will fail.
Importing and re-importing fra Xero or e-conomic
If you use Xero, you can set up two different Tag groups corresponding to the possible two active tracking categories you can have in Xero.
Importing will pull in all categories, both name and corresponding ID. This ID will be hidden for your Pleo users on expense level.
If you add or delete any of these categories in Xero, simply reimport into the tag group to update.
Xero constitutes the source of truth and so you’re not able to do any editing of the tags in Pleo.
If you use e-conomic you can pull in all the open departments. If you bar a department in e-conomic and subsequently re-import, we will archive the corresponding tag in Pleo.
As with Xero we’ll pull in both names of the departments and their corresponding ID’s and this ID will be hidden for your Pleo users on expense level.
You can set up three tag groups in total.
That's it! Now employees will be able to tag expenses from the mobile app and you’ll be able to track expenses better.
When you download our generic .xlsx file (found through all the integrations we currently support), you’ll be able to see all expenses and their respective tags, allowing you to create better insights on spending patterns. If you have set up Xero or e-conomic and export directly into one of these accounting systems, Pleo will automatically match expenses to your Tracking categories or the Departments module in Xero or e-conomic, respectively.
You can also get a sense of tag costs by viewing the total sum of expenditures of any given tag in the Analytics page. Now you can benchmark between your tags and also get a handle on the impact of your budgeting.