It is only possible to use Pleo cards if there are sufficient funds in your Pleo Account. This is because Pleo cards are Prepaid Mastercards®.
Transferring money to Pleo is a simple process and can be done by :
- Logging in to your Pleo Web App
- Open the Wallet on the left (visible only to admins and bookkeepers)
- Enter the amount you would like to load and click Add Funds
- Carefully follow the instructions and follow through with the bank transfer from your company bank account*.
- The minimum amount you can transfer is 500 GBP
- If your transfer is 3000 GBP or less, the funds will be loaded within 1 business day. Large transfers of more than 3000 GBP will take up to 3 business days.
- You will get a notification when the money has been loaded into your Pleo Account
*Pleo does not accept transfers from third-party services, i.e. personal bank accounts, Transferwise, etc.
✔ For faster payments in UK, please click here
Where is my money held?
After you make the initial transfer your funds will be received in a ring-fenced account with NatWest (National Westminster Bank Plc). This means that neither Pleo nor anyone else can access your money and it is thoroughly protected. We are confident that your money is secure and you should be too - NatWest has a good credit rating (BBB+, as of August 2016) and is owned by The Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS), which is controlled by the UK Government (the majority shareholder).