Setting up the Xero integration requires very few steps and is a one-time process:
- Go to the Settings page.
- Enable the integration with Xero by choosing Xero from the list and clicking on "Connect"
- Go to the Export page and you should now see Exporting as Xero with direct integration.
- Select a date range with at least one transaction and do a first export to Xero. You will be redirected to Xero to login and grant access to Pleo. Once you grant Pleo access to your Xero account it will create a new Bank Account in Xero called "Pleo Account". This account is where you will reconcile all your Pleo transactions. The first exported expenses will show up under Account Transactions. (You can delete them if they are not yet ready to be exported.) Your Pleo <> Xero integration is now properly set up. Now we just need to map Xero account numbers to Pleo custom categories.
- Go to the Categories page
- Create & map custom categories in Pleo to reflect Xero account numbers. Custom categories in Pleo enable you to match each expense with a particular account in in your Xero chart of accounts. Please note: in case you later export an expense that does not have a custom category mapping to a Xero account number, the expense will automatically get allocated a temporary Pleo Account Number in Xero (account code: PLEO). We recommend that you associate each expense in Pleo with an account number in Xero - this way you won't have to do manual account number mapping in Xero.
Expenses are not automatically synced with Xero - so you still have complete control over what ends up in Xero. When you want to export expenses for a given month or week, you simply follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Export page in Pleo
- Select the date range between which you want to export expenses
3. Click Export and your selected date range will be seamlessly exported to Xero.
Please note: if you make a second export of the same expenses within the same date range, expenses will be duplicated.