In this guide we'll walk you through the setup and management of the Quickbooks integration with Pleo. You'll learn how to create the Pleo account in Quickbooks,
How can I setup the Quickbooks account for Pleo?
- Create a new bank account in your Quickbooks account. This account will be used for Pleo expenses only. (Go to Settings -> Chart of Accounts -> Create a new account. Make sure it's a current account.)
How to import transactions from Pleo?
- Download the Quickbooks csv from Pleo (Export -> Select timeframe -> Export) and upload it in Quickbooks under the previously created Pleo Bank account (make sure you've set up Quickbooks as your accounting system under 'Accounting' in Settings). Now go to Banking in Quickbooks -> File Upload -> Upload the csv -> Select Pleo bank account from the dropdown under QuickBooks Account.
- Add a suitable account number to each expense (the VAT code will be allocated automatically).
How to attach receipts?
- Go over the list of expenses and check for the same reference number in your downloaded folder from Pleo and attach each receipt.
How to reconcile the Pleo expenses in Quickbooks?
- Select the expenses that are ready to be reconciled. Then press Batch actions -> Accept selected.
How to account Pleo wallet loads?
- Simply do a normal bank transfer between your normal business bank account and Pleo bank account in Quickbooks.